View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 05:47 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up Memorial Valley Massacre

This is another comedy slasher from the 1980s that has plenty of humorous drama, dialogue, and action as most comedy slashers from the 1980s do, in similar ways. I don't know why I had never seen or heard of this before until recently, but I'm glad I finally did. It is just as equally entertaining as most along with being original and interesting as well. This one is about a campground opening up for the first time, only to have weird things happening even before its grand opening, like the water being contaminated due to a murdered dog being thrown into the well and a wild caveman who is not people friendly running through those woods who they can not catch or stop. They decide to open the camp grounds anyway, wanting the money, and not mentioning those other things going on. People then start getting killed off by that wild caveman who nobody is able to catch or stop. The camp ranger, however, had his son kidnapped 17 years earlier, who the police never recovered, and believes that wild caveman might actually be his lost son, and continues to pursue looking for where that caveman lives, hoping to finally recover his long lost son. There is a real sad ending to where you can feel sorry for the killer, only I won't get into any more detail, to avoid any real spoilers for those who have not yet seen this one. It is recommended for those who like the many different comedy slashers from the 1980s.