View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 10:06 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post

Blair Witch (2016)

"After discovering a video showing what he believes to be his sister's experiences in the demonic woods of the Blair Witch, James and a group of friends head to the forest in search of his lost sibling."

I certainly wasn't disappointed by this. It was had some great scares toward the end and was quite intense overall. The new twists made it more interesting and pretty crazy. I'm not understanding the negative reviews that this is getting. The complaints are really bizarre and sometimes contradictory. I honestly enjoyed this a lot. It's quite different from the original but also keeps the spirit of the original. Nothing is going to replaced The Blair Witch Project, but this was a very worthy follow-up.

Solid review! As you know I agree about the criticism. It seems misguided or personal in nature. The movie is a romp. It's a thrill ride.
My only complaint is..

MINI
XXXXXXXXXX SPOILER XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXX MINI SPOILER ALERT XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX SPOILER XXXXXXXXXXXXX

...that the new flick doesn't embellish the legend of Ellie Kedward/The Witch.
I appreciate that the filmmakers didn't turn the whole mythos upside down, but I would have liked them to take the legend a little further. Show us something significant or even just cool about the roots of the tale.
Other than that, I had a great time watching it and will be going back on Tuesday for another look. Glad you enjoyed it, horcrux!