View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 12:34 PM
Evil Dead

***SPOILERS***

I loved it. I thought it was hilarious and completely over-the-top. Starting off with a "double-meta" was awesome -- a movie about guys watching a movie about a guy watching a movie. Yes, Tom Six is trolling us, but I think it's all good fun.

The one thing it was missing, however, was the brutality of the actual centipede. By removing the surgical aspect, it tamed down the torture too much. By making it reversible, it eliminated the horror of being permanently maimed. And by only showcasing it for essentially the last 10 minutes of the movie, it made it an afterthought. The centipede is actually the least horrific aspect of the movie.

Luckily, the trade is fair. There's plenty of exploitation and horror to be found elsewhere -- especially from the Nazi protagonist who you can't possible root for, who sexually abuses his employees, eats human genitalia and rapes coma patients. The fact that his "cookies" are exploits of horrific atrocities against African women -- this stuff is one of a kind, and makes you feel wrong for even participating. IMO, this film is a success.

Last edited by Giganticface; 05-26-2015 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Typos