Old 03-09-2008, 04:59 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreVisioN23 View Post
I think Takashi Miike can satisfied you
Try:
Ichi The Killer
Imprint
Ooo. Yes I will check him out. I definitely found The Box to be the creepiest of all three of those films. I also thought that the direction was absolutely stunning. I was unaware that he did Ichi: The Killer.

Question (and this is showing my complete and utter Asian Horror ignorance): Is Ichi The Killer part one of a Trilogy? Or is it autonomous? Maybe I'm thinking of Oldboy? Oldbly is part I of a Trilogy, right? Is that part of the "Vengeance" Trilogy?

And, wow, doing a preliminary Miike search I see that he also did Audition and Visitor Q. While I have yet to see Visitor Q I believe that his direction of Audition and The Box has definitely piqued my interest. Q and Ichi are definitetly moving up on the Netflix queue (after Fulci and a bunch of random indie horror films that the boyfriend found and added).

Imprint, however, was not Netflix-able. I'll have to watch it... by other means.

And thanks for pulling out Chan-Wook Park's movies. I thought that his direction and eye for gore were absolutely stunning in Three Extremes. That just really shows that I need to see Oldboy.

Des - You definitely have good taste in movies. I will check those out as well.

F - Jigoku sounds fantastic. The idea of a portrayal of Hell is both interesting, fascinating, and terrifying to me. It is being bumped up into position #5 (behind Don't Torture a Duckling, A Lizard in Woman's Skin, Ichi the Killer, and Visitor Q).

So. Back to Shutter. I'm sure that by now you've all seen the previews for Shutter (the American remake). It's rated PG-13 and stars Joshua Jackson.

Oh, Chrono is not pleased. Thoughts?

At least if America is going to emulate cinema, I think that they're definitely going after the right genre - I think that Asian horror is some of the most cleanly directed and innovative horror that I've ever seen... And I'm just scratching the surface.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!