Thread: 13 Ghosts
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 05:27 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festered View Post
It's a great companion piece to Castle's House on Haunted Hill, and used to scare the crap out of me when I was a kid.
Agreed and agreed. Actually, I should probably pick up the both of them and do a movie marathon. I thought that 13 Ghosts, while definitely cheesy at times, certainly had its legitimately creepy parts to it. My memory for House is slightly more vivid than 13 Ghosts, though (I remember the blood spot on the ceiling coming back in the end to drip on that woman's hand at the end... definitely sent chills down my spine).

I don't remember the 13 Ghosts remake being that faithful to the original. Part of what I thought was fascinating (and I thought deserved a LOT more attention, detail, writing, and lore) was the concept of the Black Zodiac. I do not remember that grouping or lore having presence in the original film, but then again, it's been a while since I've seen it.

I thought that the premise and plot were really silly in the remake, but the concept of the Zodiac was absolutely intriguing for me. I wish that they had elaborated a bit more (I should actually go into further detail in terms of my personal analysis of the film, but alas I am very tired).

Quote:
Originally Posted by monalisa View Post
I haven't seen the original "House on Haunted Hill". Now I really wanna. I'll have to find a copy. I love the old spooky/horror movies. I grew up watching many of them on Saturday afternoons back when I was a kid.
You absolutely should - It's a personal favorite of mine and I believe it to be a classic masterpiece.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!