View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Part 15

Opening credits roll. Fade to a shot of the garage where Scouse Mac resides. A green car pulls up outside. Fade to the inside, where the shutter has been pulled down. Chronogrl has a bit more color in her cheeks but she still looks quite sick. She gags a bit. Massacre Man is leaning against one of the many counters whilst Scouse Mac stands in front of them.

Scouse Mac: As you all know, many years ago this very day, the famous Tuesday massa-

The shutters are thrown open as a blonde woman walks in. She looks to be in her mid thirties, and is wearing a brown jacket. She has a large white cool box with her, which she puts down on a desk. Scouse Mac nods at her.

Scouse Mac: Nice of you to turn up.

Mona Lisa: No jokes now, Scouse.

Massacre Man and Chronogrl look at each other, and he raises an eyebrow, then mouths "that was a joke?". She laughs a bit. Monalisa catches sight of her laughing.

Mona Lisa: Want my help or not?

Chronogrl: Yes! Yes I do!

Mona Lisa: Then I'd thank you to not laugh at me...

She is mixing some chemicals from the cool box into a small conical flash. She swishes it around and looks at it carefully. She pours a tiny bit more liquid into there then lays it down on the table.

Chronogrl: I'm not gonna have to drink that too, am I?

She looks apprehensive.

Monalisa: No...

She doesn't look towards Chronogrl, instead pulling out a needle from the cool box.

Chronogrl: Oh no...I hate injections!

Monalisa: More than you hate death?

She looks at Chronogrl now.

Monalisa: But anyway, it's not for you...it's for you.

She looks at Massacre Man who puts his hands up.

Massacre Man: Whoa, I'm good. I wasn't bitten or anything.

Monalisa: Never said you were...

Massacre Man: You could try and explain things better.

Scouse Mac: We're not entirely sure how this thing is passed on, it varies from person to person. Some pick it up years after they've died for no apparent reason and they come back to life, some get it through bites and blood, some through mere physical contact and some...

Mona Lisa: There have been particularly bad years where it's struck living people through the air...

Scouse Mac: Anyway, after quite a few years of hard work in secret, Mona has come up with a vaccine-

Mona Lisa: Thinks she's come up with a vaccine. I can't guarantee anything. But you need to take this now, or it'll lose it's potency.

She draws the serum into the syringe and flicks it a couple of times.

Massacre Man: Hey, I'll just look out for anybody who looks at me and licks their lips, okay?

Chronogrl: Not scared are you?

Massacre Man: You can talk!

Chronogrl: But I thought you were the big brave man!

Massacre Man: I just...don't need it.

Mona Lisa: Stop pissing about! You're gonna be around her for a long time, I take it.

She nods at Chronogrl.

Monalisa: Stop being a little girl and take the injection.

Massacre Man: Isn't there any other way I could take it?

Monalisa frowns for a moment. Cut to Massacre Man drinking a glass of milk.

Scouse Mac: Your brother's a pussy.

Chronogrl: Oh I know. He's just a big teddy bear!

She laughs as she tickles his chest. He hits her hands away.

Monalisa: So, nice to meet you two, but I think you best be off now.

Massacre Man slams down the glass of milk.

Massacre Man: Hold up! We're not leaving 'til you tell us what the fuck just happened!

Scouse Mac: We really don't have much time.

Massacre Man: And I don't have much patience.

Mona Lisa sighs.

Mona Lisa: You know about the Tuesday Massacre, right?

They both nod.

Mona Lisa: These things started appearing just after that. Evidence suggests that they come about due to the power of the emotions felt that day.

Massacre Man: Evidence? What evidence?

Scouse Mac: Stuff from the books.

He nods towards the book case.

Scouse Mac: If they're large enough they can leave behind some of the most powerful energy on Earth.

Chronogrl: How powerful?

Scouse Mac: Enough to raise the dead...

Massacre Man: Hold on...is that what you were doing outside the graveyard?

Scouse Mac nods slowly.

Massacre Man: They climb out of the ground?! Fuck!

Scouse Mac: Climb out of the ground? Ha! No way. Do you think a dead body has that kind of strength? I was just collecting samples. If you listen carefully you can hear the scratchers.

Chronogrl: That's sick...

Scouse Mac: That's life...well, death. Afterlife.

Mona Lisa: Anyway, these things strongly resemble one of the killers. Dante's Inferno. Rumor has it that he dabbled in witchcraft and dark magic.

Massacre Man: Witchcraft?

He laughs slightly, but nobody else in the room is laughing.

Massacre Man: Seriously? You think it's to do with him and some magic spells?

Mona Lisa: They do resemble him. They're full of anger, and they only ever come on Halloween.

Massacre Man: Yeh, but come on! How do you even know they look like him? No pictures were ever taken of him, they told us that in school. Apparently he was a lonely old git.

Scouse Mac: It's the eyes...

He's looking blankly at the wall as he speaks.

Scouse Mac: Those red eyes...

Massacre Man: How do you know? The only time anybody ever really saw him was that Tuesday, and his body was burnt by the townsfolk before any real study of him could be taken.

Scouse Mac: Because I was there...that Tuesday, I was there. I was in the church, all those years ago...

Chronogrl and Massacre Man look at him shocked. Ending credits roll.

The Ferrets like it...