View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 10:21 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
I also just read those 2 from New 52...wasn't too impressed with either, but wasn't exactly disappointed either.

I don't really bother to keep up with current comics so I can't say if they're any better/worse than anything else that's been going on lately - I prefer catching up on all the classics I've missed - but they both just seemed really empty to me. The stories were solid enough, and both had endings that'll make me want to read the next issue - especially Detective Comics. That last panel asks some questions...not sure where they're going, but it could either be really cool, or utter shit. But neither of them really seemed to tread any new ground...maybe I was just expecting too much from the first issue, but I would have liked to see at least something out of the ordinary.

And I was really expecting more from Grant Morrison on Action Comics. He's such a great Superman writer - All-Star Superman totally changed my opinion of the character, brilliant stuff - but this just seemed really generic, especially for someone as crazy and talented as Morrison. Not bad of course, but he's capable of way better.

I'll can't really see myself getting into much of this new stuff, but I'll probably check out a few more for curiosity's sake.

By the way, have you read the new Catwoman yet? I haven't checked it out personally, but everything I've heard makes it sound like a total shitshow...

Last edited by The_Return; 09-27-2011 at 10:24 AM.