View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 12:55 PM
HDC Idol

Memorable Music Scenes in Movies

One of my favorite things about movie soundtracks is that the movie can create some pretty interesting connotations to songs. Sometimes movies can make mediocre songs fun and fantastic when paired with memorable scene. Sometimes the contrast between the song playing in the background and the visuals on screen can burn an image into an audience's head. I know that Tarantino, for example, often contrasts his ultra-violent movies with an eclectic mix of songs.

What are some examples of songs that you LOVE based on the role that they play in movies - These could be songs that you had never heard of before you saw the film... Or songs that you were ambivalent to until you saw this certain scene...

One that comes to mind for me is Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" from Shaun of the Dead - I had never heard of this song prior to the movie, but I absolutely love the role that it plays in the climactic moment in the bar. It's funny but also nail-biting at the same time.

For my boyfriend, this scene turns what he always thought was a "mediocre" song to something fun and memorable.

Scene is at 1:50

--- Kill the Queen!
--- The What?!
--- The jukebox!

Join my Facebook Horror Group!