View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 03:23 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila Munster View Post
Hello Shadow Creek! I listened to your music so I thought I could share some reflections about it. The "Silent Hill" is very climatic, love it. I have similar opinion about "Shadow Creek". My favourite track is "Dusk", I think. It seems spooky and I like the idea of adding the sound of creaking door - it was a good move. Another song I'd like to favour is "Farewell". I found it interesting because of somewhat witchy tones, had a feeling someone is creeping behind me ;)
The only problem I have with this album is that there's a multitude of different sounds which overlaps sometimes. I mean, especially in "Cabin In The Woods" and "Nowhere To Run". Besides, it's a nice tribute to horror movie soundtracks. Oozing with atmosphere as if it was made in old days to accompany some great scary flicks. Keep it up!
Thanks a lot Maila! This is quite a deep review.
Actually Nowhere To Run is still my favorite. I recorded it on a very basic 4-track cassette tape machine which I already replaced with more advanced piece of equipment. I am constantly working on better recording/mixing techniques. I think I could have done much better mixing on Farewell. Maybe I will revisit it one day.
Currently I am working on something new. It's going to be more pop oriented, but with some horror stuff as well.