View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 07:04 AM
Drone

I'll be honest: asking my Favorite Horror Movie Franchise is like asking my favorite french fry from my last lunch at McDonald's.

But, if pushed, I would agree with The Villain & say Godzilla. All the other franchises become six-of-one & half-dozen-of-the-other when compared side-by-side.

Godzilla, however, is unique in this one respect: Godzilla's intentions remain enigmatic. He wants to destroy Tokyo until some other giant monster wants to destroy it. Then, Godzilla wants to destroy that giant monster and then go back to sleep under the ocean & not destroy Tokyo after all.

Seriously, has anyone ever had a second thought regarding the motives of Jason, Michael, Freddy, Pinhead, Chucky, the Count, the Doctor, Damien, a zombie, a werewolf, a demon, or Leatherface? That list goes on but you get the idea. The ambiguity of Godzilla is not only a feat - but a delight.