View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
if you prefer the grudge to ju on i will be very surprised. maybe the subtitles aren't doing it for you or you were too tired to start a movie that requires a bit of concentration but i would definitely advise watching it in the right frame of mind. you may just be depriving yourself of what is in most peoples opinions one of the greats. up there with suspiria, the exorcist, omen, tcm, alien etc, etc.
Well, I finished watching it. It didn't do anything for me. I think one main reason is because I have seen The Grudge well over 5 times and I saw Grudge 2 twice. So I think I'm just all around sick of the movie and Ju-On is similiar to Grudge so that is one huge reason. Subtitles actually didn't bother me as much as I had expected. One thing that bugged the hell outa me was every character looked the same. Maybe its just me but foreign people look the same to me. Obviously not identical but sometimes I didn't know who was who. I will admit Ju-On was better than The Grudge but it wasn't fantastic. Gotta love the stair scene. I just miss the days where I was so scared to watch the movie I had to look away or cover my eyes. I just want a movie that will do that to me again, sadly I dont think that day will ever come.