View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 11:13 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I guess that's part of the reason this place is going bye bye. No one checks out videos with slasher movie clips.
Maybe it's partially a taste thing among horror fans, ImmortalSlasher. But you're right, apparently the slasher fans here don't look at and reply to many of these posts. To me, looking at that list of film titles, I've probably only seen about a couple of them.

Halloween (1978) likely piqued my interest in the fuzzy 'slasher' film genre, if anyone categorizes it, or Psycho (1960), as a 'slasher', they are more than that. Some Horror aficionados quickly discovered, that besides a few exceptions, most of the 'slasher films' that came out after that were going to be repetitive boring setup scenes to flash repetitive jump scares, nudity, kills or gore, and plenty featuring a lot of crudeness. Would you say that was a fairly accurate description of what you consider slasher films? I mean, maybe you didn't find most of the setup scenes boring, or maybe you did, I don't know. I'm curious how you would describe them. Thanks!

Last edited by Sculpt; 02-13-2019 at 09:40 AM.