View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 03:14 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
And the parasite pretending to be her dead friend was very Next Gen cliché and boring.
Absolutely agreed - it was for me, by far the worst mini-arc of the show...and the little chick the had playing her was just about as annoying as a mosquito flying near your ear at night.

Quote:
The Klingon with Ash story is rather blazé.
In season 1, I thought it was actually a good surprise.
Now I'm wondering what will start the war with the Klingons that goes throughout TOS, since the empire has kind of taken a back seat this season.
I kind of like that his human side has "taken over" the personality, but I'm not really certain of his alignment one way or another.

Quote:
The Red Angel thing is OK as a vehicle so far, the tie into Spock and Michael's siblinghood is the most interesting part, but that's rolling out too slow for my taste
Agreed here too - I don't think it's a whole-season-worthy story arc.

I think Pike has been the best part of the show by far...and is one of my favourite Captains after this. It's too bad he's leaving in season 3 but I guess it was only meant to be a temporary assignment.
Wonder if Saru would be up to the job when he's gone?
Though I believe they'll likely get a new captain/acting captain that's not yet part of the cast.

So latest ep.
I thought the funeral/send off scene was nice. Quite heartfelt.
...don't know about replacing the character with another one played by the same chick...but ok...