View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 04:01 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

70. Angel Heart

Very good devil movie...one of the greatest twists in cinema hsitory - slasherman

69. Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Ten years after A Nightmare on Elm Street became known as one of the scariest movies of all time, director Wes Craven is having nightmares and is using them to write a script for a seventh Elm Street film. He turns to Heather Langenkamp to ask if she will return to the screen one last time as Nancy. Heather turns the role down as she is happily married and has a son. Lately she has been recieving strange phone calls from someone that she believes to be Elm Street character Freddy Krueger(Englund). When her son Dylan starts acting strange and her husband is killed in a car crash she begins to realize that Freddy is real and is trying to get her and Dylan. Shes scared but she will do anything to protect her son, even if that means battle a razor fingered muderer who appears only in her dreams. - Dante'sInferno

68. I Spit on Your Grave

This is probably the only movie that I love, but I doubt I'll ever watch again! And I mean that in a good way! Yes, Grave is a classic revenge movie, but it's also very graphic in the rape department (which is right next to the dog food department at Wal-Mart). I didn't think, going into my viewing of I Spit on your Grave, that I would walk out feeling so dirty and as if I was just in a terrible car accident! For the rest of the day (I watched this at noon), I had people coming up to me asking what was wrong. When I told my friend that it was a movie that was bothering me, he thought I was talking about Son of the Mask. But, he was wrong (Son of the Mask just pissed me off beyond reason)! It was I Spit on Your Grave that bothered me, in a surprisingly good way. Not only was I bothered, and yes, even repulsed, after watching Grave, but I was also in love with the movie. First off, no movie has ever had this kind of effect on me (until I watched Feed, but that's a different story)! But, though this was a tremoundously bad, but also good, feeling, I coudln't help but find other great happenings in Grave. Which brongs me to my next point: the revenge! I'll be a lying piece of trailer-park trash if I said that the scene where the guy gets his dick cut off make me cringe and quese. Hell, I swore off going into the kitchen if somebody was cutting up onions or any sort of food. And I have Meir Zarchi (the writer and director of I Spit on your Grave) to thank for this! Thank you! Finally, Grave had one of the best well-acted cast to ever grace a screen. Camille Keaton moved me as Jennifer. Where is she now? And Eron Tabor, Richard Pace, Anthony Nichols, and Gunter Kleemann made the four rapists my most hated villains in cinematic history! I'm going to wrap up my brief review by saying that I Spit on your Grave is a classic piece of cinema and should not be passed up! - Yellow Jacket

67. Battle Royale

A masterpiece. This is the most original film, Asian or otherwise, to come along in quite a while. The plot is extremely hardcore and the gore is abundant. If you're turned off by sub-titles then that might be a detractor for you, but aside from that this film should quench just about anyone's appetite for violent cinema. - bwind22

66. Pit and the Pendulum

I'm very glad to see this film on the list, as I think it deserves much more recognition. The story, set in the 1600's, tells about a man investigating his sister's mysterious death. It's a complex story that would be easily spoiled, so I will leave it at that. Vincent Price gives what I would consider the greatest performance of his long and distinguished career. The expression in his amazing voice, the look in his eyes, the sudden reversal of character near the end of the film...only a true genius such as Price could pull it off. Roger Corman does an equally amazing job behind the camera, capturing the essence of the cursed castle perfectly. Rarely will you see atmosphere created so flawlessly, however atmosphere is Corman's gift and he uses it to it's full advantage here. He spins a yarn of deceit, murder, insanity and death into one of the few perfect horror films. - The_Return

Last edited by _____V_____; 04-12-2014 at 10:38 AM.