View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 10:50 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
[[[Spoilers]]]

I thought the ending was actually pretty clever. It wasn't very well filmed, but I liked what it was going for. A big theme throughout the movie was that the media shows people what they want to hear and distort the facts. What I got from the ending is that the entire documentary was "distorting the facts", and the final scene where it was traditional cinematography, those were the real events.
****SPOILERS****SPOILERS****

Hmm, pretty valid insight. I totally agree with the media distortion theme, along with what I felt was a message about blind trust and naiveté in general. It all went hand in hand and had me involved from the beginning.

As for the ending, it more or less worked for me, but not as well as I would have hoped. It felt like such a sudden shift in gears that I think it could have been handled better, or even in a totally different way. The two styles of filming just seemed to clash. Have you ever been skateboarding on smooth asphalt, and then rode onto a patch of grass and suddenly stopped? That's as close an analogy as I can come up with. It was like two different surfaces and the suddenness slowed things down for me.

Last edited by Repo'd; 08-28-2015 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Added GIANT spoiler alerts so I don't anger the human beings.