View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Evil Puppy

Where do you go and see it? Looks like Thur. I'm going to see Zombieland and Paranormal Activity at the State Theater in Ann Arbor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Got back a little while ago from the screening in MI

Does it live up to the hype? No, not even close. Was it good? Yes, it was good. It's worth a watch but I would wait until wide release or DVD release unless of course the selected theaters are located near you Was it scary? There were two scenes that were creepy and eerie but nothing over the top terrifying. The first 45 minutes were beyond boredom, very slow moving. Over an hour into the movie I was actually getting pissed at how boring and dull it was. Finally it picks up. I think to myself, here we go, now it's going to get going on. 15 minutes later, the movie ends.

I do not understand the hype and praise this has received. It was a good movie and definitely worth a watch but scariest movie of all time.....get real. It was very realistic and quite believable I'll give it that but the scares, while extremely real, were too simple and weak. And the actress won an award? I thought her acting was mediocre although the husband was a great actor and hilarious. I sit in amazement and ask myself....who the hell was writing these reviews?

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE