View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I've really enjoyed this season so far, despite a few nitpicks. I think many of the characters are strong, although they're showing development perhaps a LITTLE too quickly at times e.g. Dot's wild ego.

I particularly enjoyed this last two parter - even the last Lana song, I thought that scene offered a very spooky introduction for Wes Bentley (although his British accent is rather dreadful). I don't know, I really don't mind anachronistic music when it's used well, and I think this world is JUST far enough off center for it to be fine with me.

[MILD TWISTY SPOILERS]
As for Twisty, what a backstory! I've rewatched that scene a few times, their ability to turn fear and wonder into pity is excellent, really impressive. Although I worry that with him gone and Dandy taking the reigns, they've one of the show's best assets - in the past, the antagonists have always been somewhat likeable/morally ambiguous. Jude was a bitch but became a victim and always had her good side (standing up to Arden etc.), Fiona was vein but her glamour made her so fun, Twisty was terrifying but in an exciting way. Dandy's just a bit of a creepy brat. But I'll wait until further episodes to make full judgement.

The Ferrets like it...