View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 04:01 AM
That fucking Guy...

So at the moment I've played a few games on the WII, but the one I'm actually playing through is called "Mystery Case Files - The Malgrave Incident"
These kind of games, I always think they'll sound very boring when I explain them to people...

It's a "hidden item" type game.
For those of you that don't know what I mean, there's carious scenarios that are a bit like the "Where's Waldo/ly" series - You have to scan through a scene full of random items and objects, and find the objects that are indicated on a list.

In this game, they've actually introduced more of a storyline element to it which I quite like, and haven't contained the puzzles to the hidden item bits either, you have to explore, interact with the environment and actually make USE of some of the items you come across to interact with further scenes, solve other types of puzzles, or gain access to certain areas of the game.

I would say that this game is maybe the best example of the genre that I've seen...though I've not seen all that many.
It's fun, and relaxing to play.
No gaming skill really required - just observation and problem solving sewn into a mystery storyline.

I want to mention a demo I played on PS3 as well.
I think this one is going to be on 360 as well.
It's called "Spec Ops - The Line".
Wow...what a cool looking game...
I remember the original, or one of the originals on dreamcast actually pissed me off.
Not this one though.
Bit like uncharted meets COD.
VERY nice looking game, seems to have an alright storyline for a military shooter as well.
User friendly controls, good atmosphere, and as I said DAMN it's shiny.
Grab the demo.