View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 04:00 AM
That fucking Guy...

Three Kings.
First time viewing.
Always heard from people that they quite liked it, but for some reason it never appealed to me.
So the other day, hit up a local charity/op shop and bought a shitload of VHS tapes for 50c each (I find this is a good way to see films I have not, and some of those that I'm not certain about) and this was the first one we popped in.

Really well made film I thought.
Entertaining, with moments that span from completely lighthearted to like...oppressively dark and tense.
It was a relatively well spun, if not slightly improbable tale with some good performances all around, even ice cube was pretty tolerable.

Throw in some pretty interesting camera-work and effects with bullets, some intense short lived combat scenes (that evoked a rather "being there" vibe) and dialogue both funny and tragic, a decent storyline and good resolution, overall thought provoking subject matter - it made for a very solid watch.

I liked this one a lot more than I thought I would, I think I'd actually give this 8/10, which for an action film is a rarity for me.
Though really it was Action/comedy/drama, nicely balanced mix too.

So, from a guy that never wanted to watch it in the first place - If you haven't seen this one and you're wondering if it's worth the time, I can say with fair certainty that it is.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 04-06-2012 at 04:03 AM.