View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 03:48 AM
For Vendetta

1896 - 2012: The Official HDC Selection from 100+ Years of Horror Cinema

Greetings to all cinema fans horror or non-horror,

Throughout the history of cinema, one genre has managed to break through and has carved a separate niche for itself. It has gone from strength to strength in the past 100+ years, and contemporary genre fans know that our genre is dotted with examples which have become milestones not only in horror cinema, but all cinema in general.

What we have sat down to chisel out, is the finest examples by decade in the history of horror cinema. We hope that this exhaustive project - 3 years in the making, including debates/discussions for almost one FULL year - serves as a guide to the present and future generations about the most notable examples captured on celluloid by our genre filmmaker veterans over the years. And, in the end, what we have produced, are more than 300 of the finest films the horror genre has produced over the years - right from the silent era, through the black & white vintage classics, the advent of British & foreign horror, fully colored films, hugely popular 60s/70s/80s stuff, cult classics and the latest contemporary masterpieces.

200 officially selected films. 10 must-see documentaries. 55 of the finest Honorable Mentions. And 50 of the best individual recommendations you can get.

Yes. It's H-U-G-E!

Big thanks go to everyone involved in this project. The list of all involved members will be posted at the end of the compilation.

This is our signature, our legacy.

We hope this stands the test of time and serves as a definitive guide, even long after we all are gone.

For the first period, the very early horror, I have posted links to the full films on youtube. From the second period onwards, many films are not in public domain and so have to be bought (as VHS/DVD copies) from the copyright holding companies. I have added trailers because of that reason. You can still find some full films from the 1930s onwards on several online video streaming websites such as youtube, vimeo, dailymotion, hulu, etc.

I sincerely request anyone and everyone who opens this thread - please give the page(s) a minute so that the corresponding youtube videos can load up into the links. Once that happens, scrolling through will be a breeze.

Grab your coffees, notepads and pens, as I quote from one of my favorite holiday horror films - "Onward, into the compilation!"

Last edited by _____V_____; 09-03-2013 at 12:16 PM.