View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Part 14

Opening credits roll. Fade to a shot of the outside of the theater, where it looks very empty. Doc Faustus and Urgeok are standing outside the front of the theater, where the win is picking up. Doc speaks to the camera.

Doc Faustus: Well, looks like we were a bit too late. Bastards went in five minutes ago. Live TV, anything can happen, hey! As you know there has been a lot of controversy over this play, from the complaints about it being too soon to the constant script changes. Why, only hours ago Mr. Return; the director, said to me that he was starring in the play as Dante's Inferno, one of the infamous killers. However, upon visiting the rehearsals this morning everything was a shambles!

He laughs coldly.

Doc Faustus: Yes, it appears Mr. Return had in fact lied about his part. No, the part of Dante's Inferno will, along with the other parts, be played by mystery actors who will only be revealed on curtain up in...

He checks his watch.

Doc Faustus: Three minutes! There is also the odd decision to show an entirely fictional version of Dante's Inferno's childhood wherein he kills three nuns. Very odd...load of shit if you ask me. But, all will be seen in just two minutes.

Urgeok: Two and a half.

Doc Faustus: Oh! Lurch has piped up now, has he? Just hold the camera Frankenstein.

Urgeok shakes his head in frustration. Doc Faustus looks around blankly, searching for anything to say. An overweight woman in a summer shirt walks droopily towards the theater. Her arms swing from side to side. She holds tightly a small ticket to the play in her hand.

Doc Faustus: Ah! Perfect, it appears we have a latecomer! You!

The large woman turns and looks at him. Blood is trickling down from her ear and the whites of her eyes are purple.

Doc Faustus: Yeh you, Chubs! Mind coming over here and answering a few questions?

The woman begins moving quickly towards him. Urgeok looks slightly wary of her, but Doc merely laughs at her apparent stupidity. She moves haster towards him. He laughs a bit more and points to his ear.

Doc Faustus: You got a little something there, babe. Yeh...on your ear.

She clicks her neck slightly as she comes within feet of Doc Faustus. Urgeok has the camera focused on her as she stands staring at both of them. She has stopped where she is.

Doc Faustus: You look good. Pretty sexy. Perfect for a night out. Ha! You've seen it here first guys. A subtle but effective Halloween costume!

She clicks her neck slightly more, this time her head cocks a lot further to the side, to the point where her skin is pulled as tight as it could go. Doc merely laughs again.

Doc Faustus: Can you even here me? Hey? Can ya, darling? Nah, didn't think so. Haha! Can you believe her? This is perfect television!

Urgeok: I think we should leave her alone now.

Doc Faustus: I think you should just point and capture. That's what I pay you for.

She starts moving towards them again.

Urgeok: There's something not quite right about her. She loosk pretty badly hurt. Are you hu-

Doc Faustus: Oi! Gulliver, I'll handle this. Chubbs. You want a Mars bar? Eh? Do ya?

He pulls one out of his pocket and shakes it in front of her. She starts moving towards it.

Doc Faustus: You see. I know what the chubbsters want. They want chocolate.

He looks at Urgeok.

Doc Faustus: Turn the camera off.

Urgeok does as he's told and switches it off.

Doc Faustus: Hey, good act you. Nice one, do you wanna go inside and watch the play now love?

He looks at the woman who ignores him. She simple carries of clicking her neck, moving towards him.

Urgeok: See. Told you there was something not right about her! I don't want to say it but I know what I'm thinking.

Doc Faustus: I hear you...must be another zombie party going on down at the graveyard. They don't tend to advertise them much 'cause of police and that. Should we go check it out?

Urgeok sighs and turns back towards the car, Doc Faustus turns and steps just as the woman leans into where he was and falls flat on her face. Doc turns around and sees her, then laughs.

Doc Faustus: Ha! Look at her. Pissed out of her head! Must be a good party.

They walk towards the car. Fade to the inside of the theater, where on stage one of the young child actors from earlier in rehearsals sits on stage with a bloody knife. Several "dead" nuns lay on the stage. All of the lights turn off for a moment and they clear the stage. The lights flash and the sound of thunder can be heard. There chairs sit on the stage, empty. Beside one of them is a large bag. As the lights flash, a prerecorded voice over can be heard, that of The Return.

The Return: October 31st 1967. A normal Autumn morning...

The flashing stops, the lights focus on the stage, where the empty chairs still sit. Next to the stage, The Return reads from his notebook, concentrating hard. He stands on his own, concealed by a curtain. All of the other cast and crew are on the other side of the stage.

The Return: Three evil souls gather in the most unlikely place; the town church. Their names are...Miss Macabre!

The Return beside the stage speaks very quickly. On stage, there is a bright flash of black and orange light, and then miraculously, Miss Macabre is standing on the stage, wearing exactly the same clothes she was on the day she died. Many people int he audiences "oooh" and "Awww" at the "special effects". She stands, wide eyed, then looks down at her pale thin arms and smiles slightly. Then, she sits down on the chair withe the bag next to it.

The Return: Paul The Monk!

Once again there is a bright flash and afterwards, standing on the stage is Paul The Monk, looking no different than he did 42 years before. He puts his hands together in prayer, then sits down. Across the other side of the stage, Fortunato looks to Papillon Noir.

Fortunato: How are they doing that?

Papillon Noir: No idea...but they look just right for the part. Who are they?

Fortunato: No idea...

The Return: And the mysterious...Dante's Inferno!

The flash appears once more, however it lingers this time, flashing for several seconds before disappearing, leaving Dante standing on the stage. He smiles maliciously, cracks his knuckles then, after giving The Return a quick and devilish look, he sits down on the other chair.

The Return: They are the evil masterminds behind...THAT TUESDAY!

Under his breath, Dante's Inferno whispers to himself.

Dante: And we are back...

Cut to black. Ending credits roll.

The Ferrets like it...