View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
GODZILLA MOVIE POSTERS
I was just looking at my Godzilla movie poster collection and I noticed something in the last 13 Godzilla movie posters that are not in the 1st 15 Godzilla movie posters. From the very 1st poster in 1954 to 1975 those first 15 posters all have Godzilla emitting his atomic ray from his mouth. The last 13 Godzilla movie posters from 1984- 2004 dont have Godzilla shotting his ray from his mouth. I take that back there is 1 poster in 1991 Godzilla vs. KingGhidora which has Godzilla emitting his ray.

Style A vs. Style B Posters
earlier this year one of my friends came over and was looking at my poster collection and asked me why in some of the posters you could see on the border of the posters music notes written on them. I looked and I had seen the music notes myself on the posters and I saw not all of the Japanese posters had them.
I looked in a couple of my Japanese poster reffrence books and saw all the posters and I saw that the Style A posters had the music notes on them and Style B posters did not. I also noticed the release posters had the notes. I have been asked that same question a couple of other times and now I can explain why that is.

Another intersting fact about Style A vs. style B posters is that Style A are called Advance posters this means they might print for example 500 posters while Style B posters known as Theatre posters or photo posters might have a run of 1000 posters. What this means to a collector and is for a fact is that because there are less Style A posters they will be worth more because they will beharder to locate. The style B posters or theatre posters will be easier to find and a bit less expensive maybe 50 dollars less or maybe 100 dollars less this depends on the poster. As a collector its hard to choose which poster to get Style B may look better while Style A does not but keep in mind Style A is worth more. Like I said sometimes its hard to choose.