Thread: Found footage
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 06:31 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
I only saw the first and thought it was overrated. Is that weird?
How did you think it was overrated? Personally, I like the whole go into the woods, get lost, deal with a witch setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
Oh, I was thinking in broader terms. With the whole culture surrounding vloggers and by extension social media, cops with bodycams, security camera's,... That in itself should be able to keep providing filmmakers with ideas and I don't think that's going away soon.

FF may not have many mainstream productions, but in the underground/indie circuit, it's probably a keeper. Even if it's just because so cheap to make.

Just one idea: Unarmed black vlogger gets killed by cops. The whole film is a mixture of his camera, the cops' bodycams and security cams from nearby businesses. imo, that could work.
Add a horror twist to the cops and have them turn out to be Nazi demons or something. I've mentioned it before around here but this video freaked me out when I was a kid. Especially those final shots.

You do something like that with the cops in a subtle way that only people who are watching carefully pick up on. Then you get the reveal in the end. And repeat views.