View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 09:01 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
That line's from the movie The Dead Zone? I don't remember that. I don't remember missiles. Actually, I know The Dead Zone was a very popular film, but I didn't really like it. I probably saw it too late.

Did the Elm series indicate he was a pedophile? I don't remember that. I know there was some made-for-tv movie that gave his origin story in more detail: a nun got locked in an insane asylum for the criminally insane and got raped by all the inmates and the baby was Freddy. It's silly they stressed "all the inmates" as if multiple sperm can fertilize an egg. Anyway, as far as I can remember, Freddy doesn't kill any prepubescent person in the films, so I think that concept is out the window.
There was a remake made in 2010 that went with the child molester route for Freddy Krueger's background and the teens in the movie that he was trying to kill were former kids that went to an elementary school where he worked as a janitor and he was molesting them.

In the original movies from the 1980's it never stated that he was a pedophile but he was in fact a child killer and that was the reason why the parents of elm street burned him alive. In fact I'm pretty positive that the creepy little children who appear in the nightmares are meant to be some of his younger victims.

And I guess the reason that the movies never actually showed him killing young children was because like any slasher movie it's only amusing when he's killing annoying teenage stereotypes (played by 20 year old actors of course)

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 07-23-2018 at 09:05 AM.