View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 10:48 PM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Dylan Bank
I know ads on the net suck, but how else am I supposed to tell people about my movie? I love horror movies, but I'm not a member of every single chat room, and when people who run the site don't answer my e-mails, I few other choices. I'm sorry to piss you off, but as someone who spent two years making non-mainstream horror movie on my own with the intention of rocking the horror world, why can't I post here? -Dylan Bank

When my film was finished I didn't do anything but make a thread saying that I had just finished my first movie because I was excited and just wanted to tell someone.

I didn't say the name,website,film festival or anything else because I was unaware that since I'd been here for awhile that it woulda been ok so I just thought that it woulda made everybody mad if I adverised it.

The point of what I just said is that I having been here for over a year had the consideration not to advertise my film because I thought it would upset people while you on the other hand knowing and I quote ''ads on the net suck'' still decided to just pop up here when it's time to spam your film and do it. Then to add on to it someone else who you obviously know started one or two other threads about the same thing.

Enter it into a film festival,advertise on a site you're a regular member on,send out screeners as Mr.Sadistro mentioned,get a agent. There are more ways to advertise your film than to piss off an entire site who's probably not going to bother with it anyway.

p.s.
After seeing what it's about if it took you two years to make it then you probably don't have any buisness being a director in the first place.