View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Hellraiser

Moustapha Akkad is totally against a Myers vs Pinhead movie.

From "The Ninth Life of Halloween" by Marc Shapiro at Fangoria.com...

The younger Akkad, who has taken an ever-increasing role in the care and feeding of the HALLOWEEN franchise since the fourth film, obligingly offers Fango some meat on the next installment—though like his father, he stops short of spilling any definitive beans. However, he is candid in saying that the startup process for Michael’s ninth adventure was delayed by a couple of months due to Dimension Films’ insistence on turning the project into a Michael-vs.-Pinhead story. Reportedly both Carpenter and Clive Barker have been approached about participating. “That idea did come from Dimension, and I can honestly say that I was against it from day one,” Akkad reveals. “As soon as it was proposed, my father said no. But then it kept going back and forth for a couple of months and we lost a lot of time. There was also some casual talk at one point about a possible MICHAEL VS. LEATHERFACE or a MICHAEL VS. JASON storyline. But in the wake of FREDDY VS. JASON, any other teamup is just going to look derivative. And besides, when it comes to Michael, we don’t feel we have to jump on any matchup bandwagon.”