View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 09:09 AM
Little Boo

Talking The Void, 2016, by J. Gillespie S. Kostanski

Long story short : I dig it as I love good old body explosion from the 80's (Braindead etc.) combined with a lovecraftian background and small budget that still provides efficient effects most of the time and...I love the animatronics, guys what else could I say ? It's fucking real, you feel like you can touch it and well...it's sticky, gruesome, dark, nothing like an Avengers movie !

Many references that I found even though I'm not such a horror connoisseur but there was definitely something from Carpenter. As for the plot I don't want to say too much, it begins with a mysterious religious group attacking a hospital (somewhat reminded me of the original-the good one- "Assault on Precinct 13") then supernatural events happen.

Yet there are flaws, obviously. Critics said that it lacked the ambition from the films it pays tribute to. Not so sure about this but in two scenes I thought the effects were...lazy. The plot is not perfect, characters may not be developped enough but to be honest I totally don't care : cool story, strange creatures, Lovecraft... it's still the deal.