View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 07:39 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
More great reviews Rosh! Those are two of my all-time favourites - especially Pit and the Pendulum. The image of Elizabeth in the coffin, followed by Price's reaction - "True! True!!" - is one of the most terrifying and unforgettable moments in film.

Glad you liked 'em man - now that it seems you're getting to be a Price fan, may I recommend Dragonwyck? It's not exactly horror (though it does feature some wonderfully eerie Gothic atmosphere) but it contains what is easily one of his greatest performances. Essential viewing for any fans of Mr. Price - check it out if you can!

Back on topic:

Gojira (1954)

I've been a Godzilla fan since I was a kid, but up until now I'd only seen the cheesy, campy later entries in the series. This was my first viewing of the original masterpiece...and what a classic it is. A dark, atmospheric commentary on mid-50's society, preying on the fear of atomic weapons to create one of the greatest monsters of all time.

And of course, it goes without saying that this is a milestone of special effects...you just can't beat a man in a suit. I'll take this over CGI any day of the week.

Last edited by The_Return; 07-17-2009 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Awful, awful typo.