View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Tales of Terror (1962)

Vincent Price is excellent in all three roles and thus anthology films like Tales of Terror & Twice Told Tales are the significant evidences that proves just how great and diverse a performer the late Mr. Price actually was.
Glad to see interaction between Price and Peter Lorre in The Black Cat. The special effects including the sequence in Morella where the spirit of the dead wife emerges through dark cobwebbed corridors in sinister shadow or in The Black Cat where the murderer has a nightmare in which his victims have beheaded him and are tossing it from one to the other and the man is still crying out give me back my head with the headless body chasing it and the face still alive with expressions...won't able to forget for a long time.

Among the three fascinating tales of Poe I enjoyed The Case Of M. Valdemar most, great to see Basil Rathbone as Carmichael...what a plot..hypnotizing at the point of death!!

>>: A-
Bravo Roshiq- Tales o Terror is a minor masterpiece. Valdemar is indeed truly creepy... but it will always be Black Cat hich is my favorite- just for the sheer joy of watching Price & Lorre together. I highly recommend thw 1963 version of The Raven for its teaming of Price, Lorre & Karloff, along with a hilarious script.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff