View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 05:06 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
i recently watched Imprint - by Takashi Miike from the Masters of Horror Volume 1 box set.

(i watched the whole set but this was the last asian horror ive seen)

Pretty nasty ... well made but the kind of thing that turned me off horror for a long time .. the bombardment of negative imagery - especially towards women.
Also - Billy Drago showed clearly that he was never meant to be a lead .. interesting looking guy but very limited as an actor.
I recently saw that one as well, and found it very disturbing and intense, but also interesting. Yes, how those ladies are treated is terrible, and the torture the main prostitute received was beyond nasty. That can unfortunately be a good realistic on what a lot of them go through out that way, which makes the story all the more scary and disturbing. I found that overall a good addition to the series and a good closing to that season. I have already seen all episodes of that season, and have seen Dario Argento's "Pelts" with Meat Loaf and John Saxon, of the second season. I will try to look at more episodes of the second season soon. That is an overall killer series with good hour long made for TV horror films from some great legendary film makers like John Carpenter, Tobe Hooper, Stuart Gordon, and Dario Argento, of course.