View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 08:56 PM
Sometimes dead is better

Zombieland (2009): 10/10

I thought this film was one of the most brilliant horror comedies I have ever seen. It was interesting because it was very much a zombie film, while also managing to be quite funny. I especially like how this film was able to mix drama/seriousness with this humor. It was an interesting fusion. In my opinion, all the characters were very likeable and I could identify with them, especially Columbus as played by Jesse Eisenberg. Tallahassee as played by Woody Harrelson was the next best character. On that note, the roles were very well played and I actually felt for the characters. This film had a very human aspect to it. To the top it off, there is a great cameo from actor Bill Murray who played himself. On this note there is one other thing, however minor, that I loved which was the many pop culture references including, Hannah Montana, Twinkies, Ghostbusters, Titanic, Mountain Dew, Anaconda being just some of the references that were made throughout the film. It might be minor, but it made the world of the film seem more real. Ultimately, I loved this film because I thought it was brilliantly written and directed, featured some really good acting, and was quite funny, while still being serious at times. Definitely a modern horror comedy classic.