View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 04:36 AM
Little Boo

Horror fans: Let me pick your brains! Can you help me remember these films?

Hi guys and girls,

I am a newbie, joining today and I thought what better way to start my journey within this forum than to ask about 2 films i have not been able to remember the title of for many years. I come to you, my fellow horror fans in the forlorn hope that you may be able to assist me with your vast knowledge of the genre. Thanks

Film 1: (Brief Outline) -
An alien cult type of flick

The film features the following story aspects:

A family of a mother, father and a teenage son move to a town where strange things are happening. There is an alien cult that has some of the locals as followers. The head honcho is a weird looking middle aged guy with glasses (looks a little bit like the chief vampire in the LOST BOYS). The mom (who has Demi Moore in GI Jane short hair) gets controlled by seemingly mind control. There is a scene where her teenage son is looking through a crack in the door at her mom being verbally abused by another female who has been taken over already...and yet in an apparent comatosed state, the mother doesn't react. The same woman who does the abusing here has killed people and one of her victims is discovered by a blonde haired man in her appartment. Her reaction to being found out is to grab the guy by the neck and say something like "I'm not like alot of the women out there. I am more powerful, more in control!", seemingly staring at the guy intently to hypnotise him and convert him aswell.

The mother and father know that this cult want their son to be a member too and so they make frequent efforts to encourage their son to leave town, to no avail. A female vigilante type is on the loose also, looking to destroy these aliens and she eventually joins forces with the teenage son to find the aliens.

Amongst the aliens in the cult is a little blonde haired girl with platted hair. In one of the last scenes of the film, the aliens are meeting as they usually do and they try to get the teenage son to join who is in attendance. His father runs towards his son to help him escape but the little girl with great strength squeezes his hand so hard, she temporarily immobilizes him. The boys' mom shouts at him for not getting away sooner.

That is about all i can remember of the film. Can anyone shed any light on its title? Thanks

Film 2:
Superhuman strength girl film.

This is going to be very brief indeed. The only scene i remember in this film is that a woman with superhuman strength corners one of the main guys in the film in a barn somewhere. He manages to escape and makes it to a car. The girl catches up to him and with one hand, rips the bonnet completely off the front of the car.

I don't know if the girl is an alien or a robot in this one!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks loads

Dave
UK