View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 07:25 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
That's true but I'm just saying I think a lot of what has to do with people's behavior now is what is made available to them. I mean look at what the media is doing for modern society. A lot of people who lash out in violence do it because of something they were influenced by. I don't mean that by saying people should play music and movies and such I mean the media seems to bring every single violent act that happens to the public light which discussed so many people in such ways that they actually lash out. It's an endless cycle of violence brought to you by the media in order to keep the media afloat because without news there is no need for the media.
Well I kind of think that people have always been violent but the media has made us more aware of this. A long time ago people didn't see violence unless they were fighting in wars so they thought that things were supposed to be peaceful in their little towns and villages, but now the media has shown us that all sorts of terrible things happen all over the world every day. To top it off we also have movies and video games that teach us that violence is fun and that there are no real consequences to taking another human being's life. So I guess that the media has really desensitized us and made us too cynical about the world. It's like nowadays we don't really care when bad things happen and we don't make any effort to try and make the world better.