View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 03:52 PM
HDC Idol

Global Frequency Vol. 1: Planet Ablaze
(2004) by Warren Ellis

Description from Amazon.com: The Global Frequency is a worldwide organization comprising 1,001 members, each with a specialized talent, which combats unconventional threats to public safety. Some of these menaces are the stuff of science fiction, like a cyborg warrior gone mad. Others are potentially quite real, such as an attempt to release lethal viruses in London.

Ellis creates an anthology of thrilling vignettes that are intriguing, exciting, with believable fleshed-out characters.

Definitely recommended.

Creature Tech (2010) by Doug TenNapel

What a fun little graphic novel - Great characters, fun plot, and doesn't take itself too seriously. I had a blast with this.

Description from Amazon.com: Good battles evil, and the world hangs in the balance! Resurrected by the Shroud of Turin, the zombified Dr. Jameson intends to finish what he started 150 years ago - destroying the earth with a giant space eel! Standing in his way is Dr. Ong, a would-be pastor-turned-scientist who now works in a government research facility infamously known as 'Creature Tech.' Aided by an unlikely cast of rednecks, symbiotic aliens, and a CIA-trained mantid, Dr. Ong embarks on a journey of faith, love, and self-discovery.

I mean - How could you NOT want to read this???

Highly recommended.

Global Frequency Vol. 2: Detonation Radio (2004) by Warren Ellis

Continuation of the adventures of The Global Frequency Team; haven't finished the volume yet but continues to display Ellis' ability to create intriguing vignettes of thrill, intrigue, and science fiction.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!