View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 07:39 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Another character I thought was interesting was Steel. He was kind of like Rhodes because of the way he treated Miguel like garbage for being Hispanic and Sarah for being a woman, but unlike Rhodes there was still a bit of humanity left in him.

Like when Rhodes ordered him to shoot Sarah for trying to walk away you could tell that he didn't want to actually shoot her despite the fact that he didn't like her but he was willing to do it just so that Rhodes wouldn't shoot him. He was also deeply effected by seeing two of his fellow soldiers get killed and having to mercy kill one of them to keep him from coming back as a zombie. Then there was that scene of him getting bitten by a zombie and realizing that there was no chance for him so he did a cross sign over himself before shooting himself in the head as the zombies kept approaching. That was a very powerful scene in my opinion.

I guess I actually felt more sympathy towards Steel than I did Rhodes. He was an asshole too but unlike Rhodes he seemed more redeemable.