View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 07:19 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Exactly. Dr Logan was the classic Mad Scientist, secretly trying to chopup and feed the bodies of recently dead soldiers to the zombies for his experiments... the guy was a dead man when they found out -- so classic book smart but totally foolish in human society. His immorality was his complete disregard for the values of soldiers when it got in the way of what experiments he wanted to do.

If Dr Logan asked, the soldiers may have been willing to donate their own bodies (when/if they died), being it's a pretty desperate situation.

It was fine for Sarah to research for a cure longterm, but the scientists had to be working part-time on some practical results, if for no other reason than to save their own skins.

One of the more interesting things in the movie was Rasta guy, who presented an interesting case for enjoying a life as a human on Earth, and leaving "chasing of useless answers" alone. He had a pretty good speech. Not that I'm saying I agree with it, but part of the sentiment I do.
Well given the fact that Rhodes was being completely unreasonable with his orders I doubt they would have approved of his request.

Oh and I didn't really agree with John's view on life I was more on Sarah's side because I believe it IS mankind's job to figure out how the world works. But then again that might just be the atheist in me talking lol. I believe that in the long run science is supposed to do a lot of good for the world and I think that Sarah felt the same way as a scientist even though she wasn't accomplishing anything. But I did like the fact that she and John could still be friends and cooperate for survival even though they had different opinions about the world. That is the real key to human survival: learning to work together despite your differences.