View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 07:18 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Yeah, that's weird, I didn't know some folks saw him as a hero. Dr Frankenstein was doing some good research there, but the other scientists needed to be using the research in more practical ways. Something practical, like how to get the zombies to flee, or get attracted to something other than live humans, zaps to the brain that work to save ammo, whatevs
Yeah apparently there are some fans of the movie who think of Captain Rhodes as the good guy who was "running that monkey farm" and they think of characters like Sarah and John as being some sort of Mary Sues who reflect George Romero's mostly liberal views (black guy hero and feminist heroine). Because you know, everybody hates liberals nowadays. I guess they would rather admire a sexist, racist, power-tripping army guy who shoots the last human survivors and abandons his own men to get eaten alive by zombies so that he can save his own ass...

Oh and as for Dr. Logan, I thought of him as a villain too but not as a particularly evil one. I mean for one thing he never actually killed anybody unlike Rhodes, and his biggest evil was basically chopping up already dead soldiers for his experiments and using them as dog food to reward his zombie specimens like Bub. It was very inhumane but you can't deny that he was getting results unlike Sarah and Fisher and I don't think that the scientists and soldiers ever considered for a moment that the zombies they were taunting and experimenting on were once human beings too. I saw him as more of a mad scientist but compared to somebody like Rhodes he wasn't as evil.