View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 05:42 PM
The Original Copycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I was curious about that... When the police setup around the housing project and used a megaphone telling them to come out (I think)... there's armed men that come out and shoot at the police. I didn't understand who they were or why they were shooting at the police. I even thought they might be gang members defending their turf.

So you're saying they were trying to defend the zombies and bodies who were their family members? How do you know that specifically? What scene says what? I missed it.

I noticed there were those bodies and zombies in the cage in the basement, but I guess I wasn't paying attention well enough to get what was going on. I guess I was still a Romero zombie when I first saw it, and partly now.
From the plot synopsis:
“ Confusion reigns at the WGON television studio in Philadelphia by the phenomenon's third week, where staff members Stephen Andrews and Francine Parker are planning to steal the station's traffic helicopter to escape the city. Meanwhile, police SWAT officer Roger DiMarco and his team raid a housing project where the residents are defying the martial law of delivering their dead to National Guardsmen. Some residents fight back with handguns and rifles, and are killed by both the overzealous SWAT team and their own reanimated dead. During the raid, Roger meets Peter Washington, part of another SWAT team, and they partner up together. Roger tells Peter that his friend Stephen intends to steal his workplace's helicopter and flee, and suggests that Peter come with them. They are informed of a group of zombies trapped in the basement, which they assist in the grim job of destroying. “

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
I think he was right, I think the scene was set up to make us think that it was cops fighting another typical gang of criminals but it was actually just people wanting to protect their dead loved ones from being killed again. In fact in the basement when the two cops saw all the zombies kept locked up the one guy asked "Why were they keeping them here?" and the other cop said "Because they still believe there's respect in dying.", so yeah.
^Exactly.
You think it’s a stand-off with the police at first, a typical gunfight breaks out. But then they discover there are rooms full of zombies that were sealed up ( “ Not that room, NOT THAT ROOM!” ) and then the basement where it’s obvious that they are keeping them locked up and restrained.