View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 10:12 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna26 View Post
I don't get that. I mean I understand if movies aren't a person's "thing". If its just something they don't enjoy as much as I do, or they just don't have the appreciation for film that I do. I get that. But why even bother to watch a film if you aren't going to REALLY watch it?
Tell it, Sista.

Quote:
But I suppose it comes down to this, for most people, movies are JUST entertainment. They don't take anything away from it (and I admit I like mindless entertainment as much as the next person). They don't see any meaning in film, because they aren't looking for that. When they decide to see a film, they aren't looking to analyze it, or take anything from it, they want a way to pass the time, or have a bit of fun then immediately forget about it. But having a movie you haven't seen on as "background noise" seems a tad silly to me. Just turn a radio on. ;)
It's true... And I TRY to let it go that people like to watch movies "as entertainment" (which I like to do too... I mean... I LOVE 40 Year Old Virgin, but I'm not sure there's deep meaning in it)... What bothers ME is that while I'll leave them alone and just... ENJOY... They call me a SNOB for actually analyzing... And then scoff at the fact that I forum... WHAT CHOICE DO I HAVE?! :p *snicker*

Quote:
Oh and I have to say.....its drives me a little crazy when I say I dislike a film and they automatically assume that I don't "get" it. It happens when I mention I am not a fan of Mulholland Dr. I don't know how many times I have been told "well, its just because you didn't UNDERSTAND it". No, its because I think it is a muddled mess and it did absolutely nothing for me. I am a Lynch fan. I just don't like that film. I don't need people talking down to me about it. ;) Its all about your own interpretation of a film, and what you think it is trying to accomplish, and if it accomplished that for YOU.
BUT YOU JUST DON'T GET - hahaha... Yeah, that's actually a really good example... ANY Lynch film, really... I mean, you either love Lynch or hate him... And if you DON'T like his work, that doesn't mean that you're DUMB. It means that you don't want to put up with his incredible self-indulgence. Gotta respect a girl who does that (though I love Lynch, but that's just me).

Quote:
Yet another remake that apparently was just a bad, BAD idea from the get go. Kind of like another one I can name, but won't, because I have bitched about it ad nauseam....*coughblackchristmascough*
OK I'LL WATCH THE ORIGINAL ALREADY! DIE! :p According to Netflix, it should be arriving tomorrow... Following Elf. Score.

I'm starting to like THIS one, too...

Join my Facebook Horror Group!