View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 10:37 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
The Resident Evil 1 remake is great I agree, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for the Resident Evil 2 remake. I just have a feeling that it will be another Resident Evil 4 copycat just like Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6. In other words more over-the-top action with zombies and mutants thrown in and "manly man" heroes and villains with all of the female characters being reduced to pointless fanservice. I heard that Resident Evil 7 was different but somehow I don't get the feeling that the Resident Evil 2 remake will be like Resident Evil 7, and if it is that will be sad too.
I have high hopes for the Resident Evil 2 remake. I think they know it has to be as good as the Resident Evil remake. I did think that Resident Evil 5 was a definite step down from Resident Evil 4, which is a classic even with the more action style. I heard Resident Evil 6 is even worse than 5. I still haven't played 6 yet. Not really looking forward to it right now.

Don't forget Code Veronica. I thought that was very good and should be included in the best games of the series. I heard the 3DS game was good as well. But I think only the first game is on the 3DS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
BTW I had a change of heart. I think instead of wasting $300 on a PS4 just for a few overpriced games I might get one of those retro game consoles like they sell at FYE. They have one that plays Sega Genesis games with 81 games built in but there is also a system that plays Sega, Nintendo, and Super Nintendo cartridges. I could buy one plus a couple of wired controllers and maybe look for old used games on Amazon or Ebay. I would love to get the chance to play The Sega Six Pak, Earthworm Jim, Ghosts n Ghouls, The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, and Super Mario again.
I have the retro styled SNES Classic and 3DS. I've been playing the Castlevania DS games. I believe Castlevania 4 is on the SNES Classic. But I got that for the unreleased Starfox game.

I still need to play Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins on PSP but they never released the final version in the States. Only in Japan and I think it's expensive. At least for a new copy.