View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Man I love Straub dude, I get it though, he can be a bit dry in places. I haven't read a book by him that has bored me enough to quit reading him yet though. I haven't read The Hellfire Club, so I suppose it may not be as good, every writer has a few of those.

I love me some splatterpunk too wiz, Lansdale, Skipp & Spector, McCammon, Schow, Laymon, etc. It wasn't until about six years ago that I had even heard of the splatterpunks. I grew up reading King, Straub, Koontz, Campbell, Lovecraft, and the likes. Splatterpunk has opened me up to other writers, some old, some new, and I don't feel that the level of violence detracts from the exceptional writing these authors are putting to page. Many of them have just as much prose and poetry to it that the King's and the Bradbury's do.
iv read straubs in "the night room"and that was crap too,only tried him again coz i read a good short story of his "mr club and mr cuff".Stephin king quoted "the hellfire club "is the best book straub has written,that was awhile ago, but it says something.

Last edited by wizard of gore; 05-16-2012 at 09:43 PM.