View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 11:45 AM
That fucking Guy...

I've read all up to the most recent issue.
Pure excellence...I consider this the definative zombie holocaust comic experience, plays out like a film, with real, fleshed out characters that go through all kinds of crazy just to survive...very character based - in some issues, there aren't even any zombies, which I think works brilliantly to establish a better storyline, each character confronting both the light, and darkness within themselves in their crazy world. Very nice art, Great sombre feel to the whole thing...I don't know what more to say...read it, it's fucking awesome.

The writer, ROBERT KIRKMAN is fast becoming one of my favourites.
He also does some excellent work on a superhero "kinda" title called "Invincible" (Also from Image), in the same universe as his newer title "capes"...both are VERY funny, and are an brilliant mixture of comedy and action.
These are only two more among many things he's worked on...I think he's comparable to Kevin Smith in terms of dialogue, and attention to storyline development and detail. Not to mention, the guy's a hardcore zombie fan to boot - this much is evident the moment you pick up the walking dead #1.

I'd suggest both the series, and the writer to anyone.