View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Finally finished The Stand. Wow, i've heard a lot of things about this book but no one ever told me how boring it is.

The first part with the plague was so vivid and engrossing that i actually felt like i was getting sick but the second part which was just a lot of walking was so boring, i barely got through it.

I thought that it couldn't get any worse until i got to the third part. When i decided to read an apocalyptic tale of good vs. evil i wasn't expecting to have to read about committee meetings and census reports and social reform. I get that showing how a society would rebuild itself after an apocalypse might be interesting to some but given what this book is about, what it was building towards, it just seemed like a lot of filler bullshit.

The last part though where the battle actually happens was pretty good and i liked the ending.

Overall, this was not what i was expecting at all and it was way over hyped and overrated. It's not a bad book but not a great one either and i wouldn't call it King's best work either.

Anyway now i'm reading Guardian by John Saul.
weird, you thought it was average and then liked the ending :confused: i thought that was the most shitest part of all.
i read that book like 10 years ago and thought it was awsome,but all the good books iv read since then,i think i could say now that it was long and boring.its actually cool to hear someone say it sucked coz,it almost seemed like ya had to say it was good for fear of being frowned upon if you said it was bad for awhile there