View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Part 4

Opening credits roll. Fade to a shot of a small, run down theater. The white board outside has black letters on it, forming the words

"THAT TUESDAY - TONIGHT"

Fade to a shot of the inside of the theater, where some people are rehearsing on the stage. One of them is wearing a bright luminous jacket, dressed as a lollipop man. He is acting out helping several children across a road. The man is quite young, with dark hair. This is Fortunato.

Fortunato: Come along children. Hurry up.

He turns to his left. Nobody is next to him, but he begins talking as though there is.

Fortunato: Excuse me, can I help you?

He pauses for a moment, then puts on a look of great shock.

Fortunato: Mary mother of Jesus! RUN CHILDREN! RUN-

He gags, and squeezes a blood pack out of his neck, giving the impression that it's been sliced. A woman runs onto the stage. She has black hair and fair skin. She puts on a fake scream, then acts as though she's been pushed over. This is Papillon Noir. Fortunato stands up from the floor and looks at her.

Fortunato: Oh come on! You can do better than that.

Papillon Noir: Well, my humblest apologies, Lord Fortunato.

She mock bows.

Paillon Noir:But maybe if I hadn't have been put off by your twitching I could have done better!

Fortunato: The character has just been brutally cut open, I think he'd be trying his best to get somebody's attention!

Papillon Noir: Yes, well unfortunately the audience's attention is meant to be on me for that part of the scene.

Fortunato: Well that's a darn shame, if they have to watch that pathetic excuse for a fall.

Papillon Noir: It's rather difficult when the guy isn't here!

Fortunato: It's called acting! Jesus, this is a real performance, not amateur dramatics.

Papillon Noir: FUCK YOU! What have you been in? A Mcdonald's commercial and last years performance of Peter Pan. Tell me? Is it a sellout if only three people turn up?

Fortunato: How dare you, you skank?! But the acting world is difficult. At least I don't degrade myself to-

Papillon Noir: DON'T YOU DARE!

Fortunato: Sleeping with the di-

She slaps his face. He gasps, then slaps her. A person who was sitting in the audience quietly watching the chaos unfold stands and runs to the stage, pulling the two people apart. He has neat, brown hair and is wearing all black. Black shirt, black tie pulled down, black jeans and black shoes. He's also wearing a bowler hat. This is Doc Faustus.

Doc Faustus: Oy! What are you, some kind of freak? You don't hit a woman!

Fortunato: I didn't. I hit it.

He nods towards Papillon Noir. Doc smiles slightly.

Doc Faustus: Well, well, well. Mr. Return didn't mention he couldn't keep a hold of the actors.

Papillon Noir: If you can call him that.

Doc Faustus: Where is that twat?

Papillon Noir: Right there.

She points at Fortunato. He struggles but Doc Faustus keeps them split up.

Doc Faustus: I meant, the director.

Fortunato: Having one of his meditation sessions in the back room.

Doc Faustus: Is that what they call it? I just call it masterba-

Papillon Noir: I'm going to find him. Tell him I can't work with this dickhead. You coming Mr. Faus-

Doc Faustus: It's Doc Faustus, actually. And no...I just wanted to sit in a watch the..."magic" [he puts his fingers into quotation marks] take place.

He winks at her and then nods at Fortunato, then walks away. Fade to a very small room. Candles are lit and a young man is sitting in there. He has a beard and medium length hair. He's wearing a red suit and glasses. He's sitting on a pillow, with several large, old looking books laid out in front of him. He leans across to each one in turn, occasionally flicking the pages. He's making notes on a small notepad. Strange words like "Virdenyu" and "Mayalouu" are written down on it. There are sound of footsteps outside the room. He quickly flicks back through the notebook and speaks words that a written down.

The Return: Gersh Myutabi Restoru.

He clicks his fingers just as the door opens. Cut to Papillon Noir's view. She opens the door, and looks in. The books are gone now, and he is sitting on the pillow, reading. The candles are extinguished, and the lightbulbs of the room are on. He looks up at her.

The Return: Can I help you?

She looks around suspiciously for a moment, then shakes herself out of it.

Papillon Noir: Something needs to be done.

The Return: Yes...I shall install a lock on that door right away. I asked NOT to be disturbed.

Papillon Noir: I know, but-

The Return: You could have knocked...

She sighs.

Papillon Noir: Okay. I'm sorry. Now can you please listen?

The Return: It seems that's all I ever do in conversation with you...

She glares at him scornfully.

Papillon Noir: I'm quitting the play! Right now!

He raises his eyebrow.

Papillon Noir: This is ridiculous. I can't work with that douchebag out there, my character is just a stupid bimbo and for God's sake, we don't even have any actors for the Tuesday Massacre's yet! How on earth can we be expected to do a convincing performance if they don't rehearse.

The Return: I told you, I'll sort it.

Papillon Noir: Cutting it a bit fine, aren't we?! We just had to do the crossing scene with nothing to work with! And let's be honest, the script is lame! I'm quitting!

The Return: Mmhmm? Come here for a second.

He beckons her in, as he flicks through his notebook. Cut to the stage where Fortunato is talking to the children actors.

Fortunato: And for God's sake Billy, sort it out. This is a murder you've just seen happen. Tell you what, picture seeing your mum fall out of a tree onto a bike you've left out and cracking her head open.

The boy's eyes widen and he runs away screaming.

Fortunato: Come on! Let's see a little bit of professionalism!

Papillon Noir walks out, looking very pale.

Fortunato: Guess this is goodbye then, Paps?

He glares at her. She walks over to him.

Papillon Noir: Nope, changed my mind. Realized what a good play it really is. I apologize deeply for the way I acted earlier. Please forgive me. I will try not to fail you again.

He looks her up and down, not quite believing what he is hearing. Fade back to The Return. He is reading out of the books again. He smiles, then laughs.

The Return: Got it!

He stands up and walks away. The camera zooms into the page of one of the books. It shows a very old illustration of a person cowering in fear from another person, who is floating above and appears to be made out of some kind of mist. The title of the page is shown:

"Raising"

Ending credits roll.

The Ferrets like it...