View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 01:20 PM
Hellraiser

Yeah, Scream is pretty plot heavy, which is probably one of Halloween's best features--that there isn't much there (even referenced in Scream).

Morningriser, I was going to disagree and say Scream was a cultural phenomenon too, but then I thought--despite how easy it is to get a ghostface mask (and a good one) on Halloween, I bought a good Michael Myers mask (my son loves it when I trick or treat) and I get the best reactions from that. Definitely hit the public unconscious on a deeper level,I have to agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Scream was bad. I don't see how people think so highly of it. It was dull, kinda predictable, and boring. I didn't care what was happening in it at all. Halloween had much better dread and atmosphere. This atmosphere around the story drove my interest and enjoyment regardless of the quality of the story, which was decent enough. There was also ambiguity as to if Michael Myers was just a psycho or touched by some sort of supernatural power. This gave him a more eerie and mysterious quality than he normally would have which I think worked a lot better than a 'real' person.
It may have been when I saw it, but I couldn't predict it at all. I found the reveal shocking (but watching it last night or the night before, my marathon is blending together) the killers are SO obvious.

Michael Myers is great, and I'm with you Boss, like I said, just having it on in the final act of Scream made me realize Scream was inferior, but I do know people who say Scream is the better made film. I'm not a Wes Craven guy though, John Carpenter all the way.