View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 12:01 AM
Hellraiser

No doubt in my mind, the movie that scared me the most as a child was : A Nightmare on Elm Street. It was not only the movie which left an impact on me, but the unforgettable situation that occured afterwards.

I remember watching it over at a friend’s for the first time. I must have been 7 or 8. First of all, there were some scenes from the movie that scared the living hell out of me: Tina being chased through the alleyway as Freddie’s arms grew, than slashed and drug across the walls and ceiling, leaving a trail of blood everywhere.....intense! Then the bathtub scene,...wow! Anyways, the movie didn't get finished until late that night and I didn't have permission to spend the night over at my buddies house. So, I knew I was going to have a lonely walk home. My friend’s house was only a few blocks from my house, so no biggie right? I was a tough lil’ kid (I thought, lol). So, I'm walking home and yeah, my heart was already pacing from the movie I just watched. It was pitch black out and the crickets were chirping there little hearts out. When I turned off one street and onto the next, I saw a distorted object way ahead of me. It didn't look like it was moving; I thought it must be a tree or something. Well I got a little closer to that object and yup...it was definitely moving. But it was just a person coming my way. I tried to shrug off the horror I just watched and told myself to get a grip, "It's just a man out for a walk." Well, the man approached me closer and closer, until I got a good view of his long trench coat. And for the grand finale, a top hat lay on his skull which casted shadows over his face..... Well, that was the end of my journey! I turned around in a flash and dashed back to my buddy’s house, never have I ran so fast......

Still to this day I remember every aspect and heartbeat of that journey home. That night, I felt more alive than ever before.

Sorry for the carry on..lol. Just felt I had to add it in there for yas.

Last edited by ChainStalker; 10-07-2008 at 12:03 AM.