View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
Nosferatu

Well, I knew right off the bat this would be a tough one to grade because it's so damn old (and silent) so I don't have much to compare it with. I'm sure in it's day, it was the most gruesome thing to come along ever (Hell, it spawned it's own sub-genre) but it didn't really do much for me. I can respect the film they made and what they had to work within those times, but for me, having seen soooo many horror films over the years, it just didn't do it. I may take some heat for this, but honestly, I found it rather boring...

That being said, I still have mad respect for the vampire genre and it wouldn't be what it is if this film never came out so my grade is a bit more generous than it should be based on cultural impact and not neccesarily overall entertainment value...

B+
The thing is that I think what you have is just an impatience with older movies, especially those that are silent, 'cause that's just how they were. I wouldn't try to watch any more silents if I were you, 'cause Nosferatu is as good as they get, and if you didn't like Nozzy, you won't like any of 'em.