View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:39 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
For a few years my brother had been creating a haunted attraction on his yard for Halloween night and had even turned it into a walk through. He hasn't done it in a couple years but finally this year he's doing it again, this time with a zombie apocalypse theme. I'll be helping him build it and then i will be participating in it as a zombie.

I'll also be attending The Headless Horseman Haunted Hayride attraction next Sunday.
Can I come too? Sounds like a blast!!

As for me, I've actually been invited to a few Halloween parties and I have a costume ready to go (Steampunk Little Red Riding Hood)... HOWEVER... WE GOT A NEW PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We move in November 1st (well, technically the weekend of October 26th), so pretty much most of my free time and $$ will be devoted to the move.

Not exciting in terms of Halloween festivities, but we've been wanting to move for at least 5 years now (but always finding an excuse not to), so this is a big deal. Plus we have a new home to come back to after the wedding. :D

Between now and then, though, I've borrowed a few horror short story books from the library (thank you to our Horror Books thread!) and plan on watching Trick 'r Treat on the big day.

Here are the books beside my bedside right now:
  • Skeleton Crew by Stephen King.
  • The haunted doll's house and other ghost stories by M.R. James
  • Tales of horror and the supernatural by Arthur Machen
  • Grimscribe : his lives and works by Thomas Ligotti
  • The weird : a compendium of strange and dark stories, edited by Ann and Jeff VanderMeer.

'Been reminding myself what a great friggin writer King is.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!