View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 10:53 PM
Immortal horror fan

I agree that the first episode was the best so far. I'm up to date on the show but I wish I watched them all together in a day or so because I think this might turn out to be one of my favorite anthology shows. And not an anthology in the usual way. But in a different setup for the main characters each episode. So far we had:

1. Travel to the cabin in the woods

2. Cultists

3. Haunted House

4. Hunt for old treasure

I did think originally that Lovecraft Country would be about the characters around the Eastern coast and things happening around there. So I was very disappointed with that second episode. But now I'm getting the feel for what this might be.

The racism of the show probably is good for the time we are in today. None of that stuff should have ever happened. The first and third episodes are probably the harsh ones so far in dealing with it.

I really like the main actress though. I would like to see her star in a horror movie eventually.

I know the series will probably end on a cliffhanger being the nature of these stories. But I'll read the book afterwards as I would be shocked if the show doesn't get a second season.

I watched these reviews and they mentioned the anthology nature when they got to watch the first 5 episodes.

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 09-08-2020 at 10:54 PM.