View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 06:35 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
The need for guns has largely disappeared, but we still revere them. It's an emotional issue for gun owners. It's such a complex issue I don't think it can be summed up in a few posts on a message board. Personally, I don't think people need guns, and I don't think people should own them. They're just not nice. Their only purpose is to harm.
See, as somebody who is getting his CPL in 2013 and makes regular trips to Detroit I disagree with you there. The purpose of any firearm I own is to protect others. I'm talking about a city where police were called before a son and his mother were even jumped because of harassment and they didn't get there until 45 minutes later (in the downtown area) after both of them needed hospital visits. I suppose you only need to be in that situation once before it's an issue. Oh, and before you say that you shouldn't put yourself in a dangerous situation, it was outside of a concert by Tiger stadium not some back alley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdkdmd View Post
And why do we need numberous guns including assult weapons to protect ourselves?
We do not, I think the NRA goons will tell you that it's our right to carry any gun that a security force or law officer can. I think, I have no idea what the argument could be for owning an assault rifle.